Cashier Job in State University, Arkansas : AR 72467
Looking for Cashier Jobs? See currently available Cashier job openings on cashier.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
cashier.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any cashier job . We provide job resources for Cashier positions throughout the industry. cashier.jobs.net also provides Cashier jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Cashier by either city or state.
cashier.jobs.net is a cashier job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Cashier jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your cashier job search on cashier.jobs.net today.
Temporary Retail Team Member
Temporary Retail Team Member Job Description
Greet customers and render assistance as necessary responding to inquiries of products and merchandise.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Answers phone and responds to inquiries or direct calls for appropriate resolution.
- Operates cash register tabulating transactions, accepting payments, giving change, bagging purchases and processing employee or faculty discounts as appropriate. Starts up and shuts down register, trouble shoots, counts down register, perform cashier audits, etc. Balances the cash drawer including checks and the credit card receipts and student charge slips.
- Observes safe money handling procedures and secure transaction practices when accepting cash payment, making change, accepting checks and credit card payments, and processing refunds/buybacks. Includes cashier integrity to safeguard register and drawer deposits.
- Test EAS security system daily and approach customers who set off EAS system investigating alarms, resolving issue and logging EAS activations.
- Receive, sort and open, as necessary, mail. May also take outgoing mail to mailbox or Post Office.
- Carry and shelve merchandise inventory; may also pull and package merchandise for return to vendors. Straightens merchandise, stocks shelves, prices merchandise and may assist in setting up displays and signs. May be required to mop, vacuum, clean shelves and take out trash.
- Ensure inventory controls tags are removed and/or replaced on merchandise according to company standards as applicable.
- Pick, process and pack orders for shipping in accordance with Retail Store Operations
- Fill in for other employees during absences, for breaks and lunches, and during periods of high volume.
- May perform data entry or type simple correspondence including printing and system back-up.
- Take inventory as needed and may have responsibility for ordering general merchandise items (snacks, beverages, newspapers, magazines, etc.).
- May provide customer service/sales functions for special events (including but not limited to author signings, graduation and athletic events)
State University Cashier Job